Hey there. It’s nearly time for the weekend. And you know what that means!? It’s time for a beer! Plus, it’s time check out some inspirational climbers quotes to get you motivated to head outdoors!
From Jack Kerouac and John Muir all the way to Mohammed Ali, literal or figurative mountains, these climbers quotes only scratch the surface of the stories that inspired them and the legends that were created in the process.
Whether you find them cliché or will be whipping them out around the dinner table, these climbers quotes about the great outdoors give you food for thought and make you reflect on what’s important in your life.
5 Climbers Quotes:
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.” — John Muir
- “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” — William Blake
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” — Jack Kerouac
- It’s always further than it looks. It’s always taller than it looks. And it’s always harder than it looks.” – Reinhold Messner
- “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” Friedrich Nietzsche
5 More Climbers Quotes:
6. “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” – Anatoli Boukreev
7. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
8. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
9. “I’d rather be in the mountains thinking of God, than in church thinking about the mountains.” – John Muir
10. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
5 More Climbers Quotes:
11. “Getting to the top of any given mountain was considered much less important than how one got there: prestige was earned by tackling the most unforgiving routes with minimal equipment, in the boldest style imaginable.” – Jon Krakauer
12. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
13. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and it has made all the difference”- Robert Frost
14. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do…” – Mark Twain
15. “Climbing is an artistic, creative thing; it’s about being spontaneous, traveling, seeing the world, hanging out. It’s a balance of setting goals while enjoying the process, being ambitious without being too competitive.” – Chris Sharma
That's All Folks
And there we have it.
Do you feel better? Yes.
Do you feel inspired? Yes.
Then go out and get some!
What are some quotes that have real meaning for you?